PoolTogether is a protocol for no-loss prize games on the Ethereum blockchain. The protocol:
1) Enables developers to build their own no-loss prize games 2) Offers governance-managed no-loss prize games
- No loss of deposited funds
- Ability to withdraw at any time
- Fair prize distribution according to a prize strategy
Prize games can be differentiated in the following ways:
- The yield source the prize pool uses to generate no loss return
- The prize strategy used to determine frequency and distribution of prizes
- The additional rewards offered by the prize pool
- The asset type the prize pool accepts for deposits
- The fairness parameters
The PoolTogether Protocol governance serves two primary functions.
- Governing the prize pool creation tools
- Governing a sub-set of prize pools
The protocol governed prize pools appear on the official PoolTogether App. Governance is currently the core PoolTogether team, but very soon governance control will be distributed amongst protocol stakeholders.